Holiday Club: 6–9 April 2021. 11 Plus English Exam Preparation Course (Y5) – LIVE STREAM
The 11 Plus English Exam Preparation Course is aimed at teaching children key comprehension and composition skills. Children will study a range of texts from 11 Plus English exam papers, directing their focus on reading for meaning, selecting apt textual evidence to support points and how to analyse reading material. Answering questions in a timed exam environment will also be a focus. Children will also learn how to write creatively for assessment, in both timed and assisted conditions; how to interpret the 11+ creative writing questions imaginatively; how to create interesting beginnings; how to build & describe a character and develop plot & structure to their story. The children will stretch their written vocabulary, learning how to write for specific purposes and audiences. Feedback will be provided – not only for writing itself, but also for time-management, analytical and creative thinking. Participants will complete the course armed with a range of techniques to apply to learning beyond the exam itself.
What’s included A high quality overview and written feedback for your childs results and scores accumulated during this course will be provided upon completion.
Upgrade available You may wish to opt for a professional written report with a detailed assessment of your child’s results. This includes in-depth feedback, details of predicted and targeted grades for the average 11+ standard as well as your child’s current reading age, writing level and academic tier. Please contact us to enquire about our premium marking and assessment service.
- School Year: Year 5
- Start / End Dates: 6-9 April 2021
- Duration: 4 days. 12 hours
- Groups Size: up to 6 children
- Time: 09:00-12:00
- Notes: Copyright © 2021 by Chelsea Young Writers Ltd. All rights reserved. Reproduction or distribution in any form of all or part of the course materials is prohibited
- Terms and Conditions: By making a booking through our site you agree that you have read, understand, and accept our Terms & Conditions and you agree to be bound by these, Cancellations received less than 14 days before the start of the program are not refundable