Autumn Term 2020: Hone Your Writing Basics (Years 3,4) Saturday – [LIVE STREAM]
Hone Your Writing Basics provides emerging young writers with the basic tools they need to start writing compelling stories. Focussing on taking your child through the rudiments of prose writing, this course will ensure they are well-positioned to tackle the challenges of the creative element of Key Stage 2 with aplomb. All areas, including plotting, story-boarding narratives, character creation and the effective use of literary devices will be covered. We will be focussing on expanding the children’s vocabularies and picking up tips on spelling, punctuation and grammar in order to encourage their storytelling to be fluid and dynamic.
In every session the children get the chance to put their knowledge to the test by responding to a writing prompt, encouraging them to apply the skills they have acquired in written tasks and stimulating exercises. Our workshops strongly encourage creative thinking, avoiding limits such as the ‘right’ or ‘wrong’ way to use the imagination. As a result, there is no direct marking system – but we do review your child’s work during each session, providing verbal feedback and further guidance on developing ideas/ storyline structures/ descriptive devices. Your child will also receive written feedback upon their completion of the course.
- Age Group: Year 3-4
- Time: 11:00-12:30
- Duration: 10 weeks
- Start / End Dates: 19 September–05 December 2020
- Half Term Dates: 19–31 October 2020 (inclusive)
- Groups Size: up to 6 children
- Notes: Copyright © 2020 by Chelsea Young Writers Ltd. All rights reserved. Reproduction or distribution in any form of all or part of the course materials is prohibited
- Terms and Conditions: By making a booking through our site you agree that you have read, understand, and accept our Terms & Conditions and you agree to be bound by these, Cancellations received less than 14 days before the start of the program are not refundable