Holiday Club: 26–30 August 2019. The Whole Story. Mapping Atlantis: The Underwater City – (8–12 Yrs)
Fairy tales. They’re great… if you haven’t read them all a hundred times at school and before bed. What would happen if you turned the classic fairy tale inside out and on its head? What would happen if the villain of your story became the hero?
In this workshop young writers will be writing a fairy tale with a twist! They will choose a fairy tale and turn it completely upside down, as rewriting it from the antagonist’s perspective! Was the big bad wolf actually just desperate for a place to stay, but turned down by three snobby hotel owners with a grudge against wolves? Perhaps Snow White was a vain teenager, obsessed with her looks, and the ‘evil queen’ was merely trying to show that beauty doesn’t come from the outside. Maybe Hansel and Gretel were two greedy siblings, who carelessly destroyed a kind old lady’s project for the town baking competition in their search for sugary snacks. We’ll be using all of our empathy and imagination to reinvent well loved tails from a seemingly impossible perspective!
- Age Group: 8-12 Yrs
- Duration: 5 days. 15 hours.
- Start / End Dates: 26–30 August 2019
- Time: 10:00-13:00, Doors open 10 minutes before class. Early arrivals please wait to be invited by CYW staff to check in
- Venue: St John’s Notting Hill Church of England, Lansdowne Crescent, London W11 2NN
- Notes: All materials provided, Bring your own snack and drink for break time. All snacks must be nut free, Copyright © 2018 by Chelsea Young Writers Ltd. All rights reserved. Reproduction or distribution in any form of all or part of the course materials is prohibited
- Terms and Conditions: By making a booking through our site you agree that you have read, understand, and accept our Terms & Conditions and you agree to be bound by these, Cancellations received less than 30 days before the start of the program are not refundable