Holiday Club: 08–12 July 2019. The Whole Story. Deep-Space Detective: Crime in the Cosmos! – (8–12 Yrs)
Although much will have changed about the universe over the next few thousand years, in this story, our setting may be somewhat familiar to you: anyone for a Holiday Cruise through outer-space? When it transpires that all is not as it first seems on this luxury cruise ship, you can count yourself lucky that an intergalactic detective happens to be aboard for a their yearly ‘well earned break’. However, their break is brought to an abrupt end when a crew member disappears in mysterious circumstances. The perpetrator has left behind just one piece of crucial evidence: metamorphic residue. This residue can only mean one thing – the culprit is a shape-shifter!
A classic murder mystery with a Sci-Fi twist! Writers on this course will invent a host of wacky suspects from space to populate their tale. Murder mysteries require a notable amount of prior planning in order to keep their readers surprised and engaged. In this specific mystery, our writers will face the extra challenge of crafting a story in which the culprit can shape-shift into the form of any of the other suspects to confuse the intergalactic detective! With a focus on thorough planning, innovative characters and unexpected plot twists, writers will come away from this course with a detective mystery that’s out of this world!
- Age Group: 8-12 Yrs
- Duration: 5 days. 15 hours.
- Start / End Dates: 8–12 July 2019
- Time: 10:00-13:00, Doors open 10 minutes before class. Early arrivals please wait to be invited by CYW staff to check in
- Venue: St John’s Notting Hill Church of England, Lansdowne Crescent, London W11 2NN
- Notes: All materials provided, Bring your own snack and drink for break time. All snacks must be nut free, Copyright © 2018 by Chelsea Young Writers Ltd. All rights reserved. Reproduction or distribution in any form of all or part of the course materials is prohibited
- Terms and Conditions: By making a booking through our site you agree that you have read, understand, and accept our Terms & Conditions and you agree to be bound by these, Cancellations received less than 30 days before the start of the program are not refundable