Holiday Club: 23 October 2019. One-day Workshop. The Pioneer Plaque Palaver: A Code Cracking Adventure – (8-12 Yrs)
You love a challenge, so when you receive an invite to attend a code-breaking convention, you can hardly believe that you’ve been chosen. Awaiting you is a code-cracking conundrum, that’s beyond your wildest dreams.
Together with your team-mates, you set to work. But what you are about to discover will unlock a hidden and dangerous truth about the fate of humanity.
Your work will lead you to the Pioneer 10 and 11 spacecraft. Upon which, were gold-aluminium plaques with codes and symbols that describe us, our solar system, and our location in the universe, in the hope that they would be discovered by an intelligent alien civilisation. Of course, they were never found. Or were they?
As you delve deeper, you uncover a set of codes, which, quite literally, are out of this world. But be careful, because someone is watching and is prepared to kill to stop you.
Join us as we craft thrilling tales inspired by dark secrets and the codes used to hide them. Test your deciphering skills and outwit your peers as you create brain frazzling codes and cyphers which you’ll embed in your suspenseful stories.
- Age Group: 8-12 Yrs
- Start / End Dates: 23 October 2019
- Time: 10:00-13:00, Doors open 10 minutes before class. Early arrivals please wait to be invited by CYW staff to check in
- Venue: St John’s Notting Hill Church, Lansdowne Crescent, London W11 2NN
- Notes: Bring your own snack and drink for break time. All snacks must be nut free, Copyright © 2020 by Chelsea Young Writers Ltd. All rights reserved. Reproduction or distribution in any form of all or part of the course materials is prohibited
- Terms and Conditions: By making a booking through our site you agree that you have read, understand, and accept our Terms & Conditions and you agree to be bound by these, Cancellations received less than 14 days before the start of the program are not refundable