Autumn Term 2019: My First Story (Years 1,2), Saturday (Hampshire School Chelsea, 09:30)
Our ‘My First Story’ course guides children through their early story-writing journey. Intended for children of Years 1 & 2, this engaging course uses a varied range of learning styles in order to build confidence and independence in sentence structure, connectives, plot and descriptive writing.
Using storyboard, visual aids and story mountains, this step-by-step course will take your child through the foundation skills required to master the art of writing a compelling story.
Working collaboratively and independently, we’ll plan our stories, share our ideas, and support our writing with illustrations. We’ll even get the chance to listen to each other’s work and help each other to improve. Come and join us for our My First Story after school club where producing and writing brilliant individual stories is a team effort!
- Term: Autumn Term 2019
- School Year: Year 1, Year 2
- Duration: 10 weeks
- Start / End Dates: 21 September–07 December 2019
- Half Term Dates: 21 October–2 November 2019
- Time: 09:30-10:50, Doors open 10 minutes before class. Early arrivals please wait to be invited by CYW staff to check in
- Venue: The Hampshire School Chelsea, 15 Manresa Road, London SW3 6BN
- Notes: All materials provided, Bring your own snack and drink for break time. All snacks must be nut free, Copyright © 2019 by Chelsea Young Writers Ltd. All rights reserved. Reproduction or distribution in any form of all or part of the course materials is prohibited
- Terms and Conditions: By making a booking through our site you agree that you have read, understand, and accept our Terms & Conditions and you agree to be bound by these, Cancellations received less than 30 days before the start of the program are not refundable