Holiday Club: 29 May – 01 June 2018. 11 Plus English Exam Preparation Course
The 11 Plus English Exam Preparation Course will teach the children key comprehension and composition skills. The children will study a range of texts from 11 Plus English exam papers with the focus on reading for meaning, selecting apt textual evidence to support points and how to analyse reading material. How to answer in timed exam conditions will be a focus. The children will also learn how to write creatively for assessment, in both timed and assisted conditions; how to interpret the 11+ creative writing questions imaginatively; how to create interesting beginnings; how to build & describe a character and develop plot & structure in their story. The children will grow their written vocabulary – learning how to write for specific purposes and audiences. With feedback given not only on writing but also time-management, analytical and creative thinking skills, participants will come away from these sessions with a range of techniques to apply to learning beyond the exam itself. At the end of the course, your child will receive a written assessment from the course leader.
- Age Group: Year 5, 6. Year 4 is not admitted.
- Start / End Dates: 29 May – 01 June 2018
- Duration: 4 days. 12 hours
- Time: 10:00-13:00
- Venue: St John’s Notting Hill Church, Lansdowne Crescent, London W11 2NN
- Notes: Bring your own snack and drink for break time. All snacks must be nut free, Copyright © 2021 by Chelsea Young Writers Ltd. All rights reserved. Reproduction or distribution in any form of all or part of the course materials is prohibited