Holiday Club: 13-17 February 2017. Editing Wizard. A 5-day Course on Honing Your Editing Skills – (KS2)
The course is designed to tackle one of the most challenging areas for children: editing.
During each session, your child will be invited to work on a series of pre-selected texts. A CYW instructor-in-charge will provide a set of practical worksheets, and guide and teach the group of children how to rework, improve and edit a given text in the most effective way, bearing in mind the Key Stage 2 English National Curriculum criteria list. Children will learn how to assess written work with a critical eye, applying the ideas of content, clarity and language. Please note no creative writing task is involved in the course, which is solely focused on acquiring a set of proofreading and editing skills.
- Course Dates: 13-17 February 2017.
- Duration: 5 days. 15 hours.
- Time: 13:30-16:30
- Age Group: Years 4, 5, 6.
- Venue: St John’s Notting Hill Church, Lansdowne Crescent, London W11 2NN
- Notes: Bring your own snack and drink for break time. All snacks must be nut free, Copyright © 2021 by Chelsea Young Writers Ltd. All rights reserved. Reproduction or distribution in any form of all or part of the course materials is prohibited